Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Day in PT

Postal mittens are in the design works, but I had a serious hiccup today and have to start over!
There is nothing quite like snow in the Northwest. It disables everything, for example, they have to close schools because I am certain kids come in their Converse as they own no boots (we only get snow once or twice a year).
As I was wandering through the woods, which is very dangerous right after a snowstorm (the branches become heavy and break off and are referred to as widow makers). I noticed this broken down tree and matched it with my pernambuco knitting needles. I have first hand experience with widow makers... when I was a kid, there was a wind storm and a branch fell and broke through the metal roof of a U-Haul my parents had rented.
The thing that really gets me about this picture is the perfect alignment of the needle on the right side to the tree next to it. I did not do this on purpose, but because I am an architect by trade parallel alignment is I guess innate at this point.

Beating the snow on Sunday I wandered over to Churchmouse Yarn and Teas and bought myself a skein of Rowan fine tweed yarn. Very bad picture, but isn't it a lovely color? Designing is in order!

No comments: